It is pumpkin carving season! We all know what that means, plenty of pumpkin seeds!
Instead of throwing them away, give this recipe a try and experience some of the wonderful spices found in Indian cuisine.
Caramelized Spiced Nuts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Blue Agave
- 1 tsp. salt
- Custom Garam Masala essential blend –
- 1 drop Cardamom,
- 1 drop Cinnamon,
- 1 drop Clove,
- 1 drop Cumin,
- toothpick dipped in Fennel, and
- toothpick dipped in Nutmeg
- 1 pound unsalted mixed nuts and seeds, such as almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together ¼ cup agave, salt, and essential oils in a medium-sized bowl, swirling the essential oil-dipped toothpicks in the mixture, and then discarding toothpicks. Add the mixed nuts and stir together until nuts are evenly coated, adding more agave if needed.
Spread nuts onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until nuts are dry and crisp. Cool nuts completely before serving.