By now, you should have received your February promo oils, including Thyme! (If not, run to your computer and place your order while there is still time!) Here are a couple recipes to jump start your use of Thyme. Enjoy!
Steamed Vegetables with Essential Oil Blends
Try one of these essential oil combos on your steamed veggies for a quick, simple, and delicious side dish! Steaming is one of simplest ways to prepare fresh or frozen vegetables. Add a little something extra by topping them with one of the following three combos!
- Mix Lemon essential oil and water in a spray bottle and spritz over vegetables.
- Sauté minced garlic in a little olive oil until golden. Add Rosemary and Thyme essential oils and toss it all together with the vegetables.
- Combine Ginger essential oil with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and toss with vegetables.
Remember that essential oils are very strong in flavor, so start with small amounts. Don’t forget to add salt, too!
Winter Squash Soup
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
• 4 cups 1-inch pieces butternut squash
• 4 cups 1-inch pieces acorn squash
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 drops Thyme essential oil
• 2 drops Sage essential oil
• 1 drop Black Pepper essential oil
Melt coconut oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Add broth, squash, and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is very tender when poked with a fork, about 20 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add essential oils and serve, adjusting seasonings to taste.
AND, in case you missed it – THYME – It’s not just for cooking!