Planning on dying Easter eggs this year? Try making colors from all natural household ingredients!
Since many people who use essential oils strive to avoid artificial ingredients in their food sources as well, I thought you might be interested in a natural way to color your eggs for Easter.
Make the following colors by simmering their corresponding fruit or vegetable in one cup of water for 15-30 minutes (color deepens over time):
• Yellow – 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
• Pink – ½ to 1 cup shredded beets
• Purple – 1 cup red onion skins
• Orange – 1 cup yellow onion skins
• Blue – 1 cup chopped purple cabbage or frozen blueberries
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Strain into glass jars and add 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Submerge eggs in liquid, then refrigerate overnight. Dry eggs and rub them with a small amount of oil afterwards for added shine!